Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: 1810s

Ye Set a Spell0001.jpg
Ye Set-a-Spell Tea House

935 Harbor Road

The tea house was built in 1810 by Eleazer Bulkley. The tea house operated until 1950 when it was demolished.

MOW35mm_New#178-watermarked.jpg
Benson House

131 South Benson Road

The Benson house was built in 1779 by Brigadier General Elijah Abel after the previous house was destroyed during the burning of Fairfield. The home was purchased by Captain Abraham Benson in 1810. The home…

MOW35mm_New#143-watermarked.jpg
480 Old Post Road

The Sherman Parsonage was built in 1816 by Judge Roger Minot Sherman, who served the state in the Assembly, Senate, and Supreme Court. In 1848, following his death, the house became the parsonage for the First Ecclesiastical…

MOW35mm_New#108-watermarked.jpg
Sherman Parsonage

480 Old Post Road

The Sherman Parsonage was built in 1816 by Judge Roger Minoit Sherman, who served the state in the Assembly, Senate, and Supreme Court. In 1848, following his will, the house became the parsonage for the…

MOW35mm_New#012-watermarked.jpg
The Powder House

200 Unquowa Road

The Powder house was built in 1814 as a munitions storehouse during the war of 1812. It is unknown why the storehouse was built two years into the war. The building is one of the last existing structures in…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2