Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Jennings Road

Silliman-2.jpg
Silliman Elementary School on Jennings Road. Now the site of the Tunxis Hill Fire House.

Silliman-1.jpg
Silliman School on Jennings Road. Now the site of the Tunxis Hill Fire House.

MOW35mm_New#166-watermarked.jpg
506 Jennings Road

The Gold Selleck Silliman house was built by Gold Selleck Silliman in 1756. Silliman later served as a General in the Revolutionary War. In 1779, Silliman was captured by the British and later exchanged for other prisoners.

MOW35mm_New#102-watermarked.jpg
Ebenezer Silliman House

405 North Cedar Road(moved from 418 Jennings Road)

The Ebenezer Silliman house was built by Robert Silliman in 1735. The house managed to survive the burning of Fairfield by the British in 1779. In the 1930's, it…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2