Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Pequot Avenue

Southport Jail.jpg
Originally was J.M. Hawkins blacksmith shop (1867), later to be used as Thomas Baker's horse-shoeing shop. Then the town took it over as a jail with 2 cells (Jailer was Captain Hayes). Then it was closed for years. It was then owned by A. Mayse…

Pomeroy House0001.jpg
Benjamin Pomeroy House

658 Pequot Avenue

The Pomeroy house was designed by prominent local architects Lambert and Bunnell, who built the house in 1869. Mrs. Benjamin Pomeroy, the wife of a wealthy shipping merchant, built the house for…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2