Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: betts

Betts Store Pre 1884.jpg
This store was owned and operated by Mr. Moses G. Betts, who founded it around 1844. A general store for the town, the store stood at Flint's Corner, the intersection of Oldfield Road and the Old Post Road. Betts ran the store until it burned down…

Betts.jpg
Benjamin Betts' Store stood on the Boston Post Road (then Spring Street) at the present site of the Mecurio Building (1508 Post Rd). This photo is looking east with the store on the north side of the street.

Betts1.jpg
Benjamin Betts sold dry goods, groceries, and general merchandise from this store at the corner of the Post Road and Unquowa Place, seen here in 1894. The business was founded around 1844 by his father, Moses Betts.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2