Domenic Mercurio and Dom. Jr

Title

Domenic Mercurio and Dom. Jr

Subject

Mercurio's Store
Mercurio, Domenic
Mercurio, Domenic Jr.

Description

"Pop" Mercurio and Dom Jr. holding horses outside; wagon and barrels in the background


Mercurio's Market was founded in 1900 by Domenic Mercurio Sr., who used to sell fruits and vegetables door-to-door from a horse and wagon. The original store was located where the Fairfield Public Library stands today. In 1913, the market was moved to 1508 Post Road. The store operated for 105 years before it closed in 2005.

Source

Photograph file: Fairfield-- Business general-- Mercurio's Store

Rights

Fairfield Museum and History Center, all rights reserved. Please contact us for information about reproductions.

Relation

FMHC Library reference file

Format

JPG