Sherman School c. 1910
The Center District School (Sherman School) on the right and the Fire House on the left. Both buildings in this photo faced the Post Road, at the corner of Reef Road. The school was on Sherman Green and the fire house stood where the stores at 1433-35 Post Road are now (nb: in 1977). When the new Sherman School was built in 1913, the old schoool was moved to Reef Road and became the fire house. The old fire house was moved to Sherman Street for a house.
Fairfield-- Schools-- Elementary: Sherman School
Fairfield Museum and History Center, all rights reserved. Please contact us for information about reproductions.
JPEG; original photograph 4.25 x 3 inches, additional copies present.