Benson House

Title

Benson House

Subject

Fairfield-- Buildings

Description

Benson House

131 South Benson Road

The Benson house was built in 1779 by Brigadier General Elijah Abel after the previous house was destroyed during the burning of Fairfield. The home was purchased by Captain Abraham Benson in 1810. The home was remodeled in 1830 to be used as a tavern. The tavern opened in 1831 and operated until the late 1940's.

Creator

Wright, Mabel Osgood

Source

Mabel Osgood Wright 35mm Slides (from original glass slides)

Rights

Fairfield Museum and History Center, all rights reserved. Please contact us for information about reproductions.

Format

JPEG; from 35mm slide. Original glass slide 3.25 x 4 inches.