Tucker House

Title

Tucker House

Subject

Fairfield-Buildings

Description

Tucker House

249 Beach Road

The Tucker house was built by Isaac Tucker in 1766 and is one of the few houses that was spared during the burning of Fairfield in 1779. A hole in the floor is still there to show that the house was fired upon. An elderly colored servant is credited with conquering the blaze.

Creator

Haley

Source

Haley Photograph Collection

Rights

Fairfield Museum and History Center, all rights reserved. Please contact us for information about reproductions.