Mercurio Brothers

Title

Mercurio Brothers

Subject

Business--general store--Fairfield, Conn.

Description

From left to right: Margaret Rudkin (Pepperidge Farm founder), Angie Mercurio, Dominic A. (Merk) Mercurio, Dominic Mercurio, Jr., A. James (Jimmy) Mercurio, Sally Mercurio.


Mercurio's Market was founded in 1900 by Domenic Mercurio Sr., who used to sell fruits and vegetables door-to-door from a horse and wagon. The original store was located where the Fairfield Public Library stands today. In 1913, the market was moved to 1508 Post Road. The store operated for 105 years before it closed in 2005.

Source

Photograph Files: Fairfield - Business General - Mercurio's

Rights

Fairfield Museum and History Center, all rights reserved. Please contact us for information about reproductions.

Format

JPEG, 8x10 inches