How does the Town of Fairfield prepare for a storm?
When a bad storm is in the forecast, the Town of Fairfield’s Emergency Management Team goes into action. This team conducts the planning, training, drills, and exercises necessary to be able to respond effectively in town-wide emergencies.
To get ready for a serious storm, the Emergency Management Team meets four days (96 hours) in advance of the storm’s anticipated arrival to start planning.
Who are the members of the Emergency Management Team in Fairfield?
- First Selectman
- Fire Chief (who is the Town's Emergency Management Director)
- Police Chief
- Department of Public Works Director
- Top officials and staff of other Town agencies, including transportation
- Superintendent of the Fairfield Public Schools
The team establishes the Emergency Operations Center at Police Headquarters. Sometimes, if needed, representatives from other organizations are invited, such as United Illuminating, non-governmental agencies like the Red Cross, and the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), a volunteer citizen’s group.
When necessary, the team also opens lines of communication with the Connecticut Division of Emergency Management and with U.S. Homeland Security, in order to coordinate with both state and federal agencies.
Panel 2d: Finding Your Helpful Heroes
How can you find help?
In case of an emergency, meaning the dangerous or perilous event is happening RIGHT NOW, always dial 9-1-1.
Did you know they can contact you?
Fairfield uses CodeRED to communicate local alerts to you during emergency situations.
Sign up for CodeRED! It’s easy.
Text keyword FairfieldAlerts to 99411 from your smartphone. You can also sign up online at www.fpdct.com/community/codered.
- For town wide emergency, storm, or incident-related Informational updates, you can call (203) 254-4899.
- For all non-emergency calls and business, you can contact:
- Town of Fairfield Police: 203-254-4800
- Town of Fairfield Fire: 203-254-4700
Interactive: MAP OF FAIRFIELD
Find Fairfield’s Emergency Services
This map of the Town of Fairfield points to locations in town where help can be found during an emergency situation.
Remember, in case of emergency, the fastest way to find help is to call 9-1-1!
- Can you find the nearest fire station to our location?
[include Fairfield Museum location?]
- Can you locate an emergency shelter?
- EVACUATION ROUTE: See: Fairfield-2014-Hurricane-Evac-map.pdf