Browse Items (7 total)

  • Collection: Haley Collection

53 Rowland Road0001 copy.jpg
Trubee House

53 Rowland Road

It is unknown when the Trubee house was built. What is known is that there are records of it being sold in 1812 to Samuel Comfort Trubee. The house was said to be about 10 or 12 years old when it was bought.

533 Merwins Lane Merwin House0001 copy.jpg
Merwin House

533 Merwin Lane

The Merwin house was built in 1820 and remained in the Merwin family until it was acquired by Cameron Clark.

824 Harbor Road0001 copy.jpg
William Bulkley House

824 Harbor Road

The William Bulkley house was built in 1766 by William Bulkley. The house was spared by the British in 1779 because Bulkley's wife provided hospitality to British troops.

750 Harbor Road0001 copy.jpg
Oliver Perry House

750 Harbor Road

The Perry house was built around 1843 by Oliver Perry. Perry was a member of the Connecticut General Assembly in 1847-1849, 1853, 1857, 1860, and 1864. He was the Connecticut Secretary of State in 1854 and…

303 Beach Road Bulkeley House0001 copy.jpg
Nathan Bulkley House

303 Beach Road

The Bulkley house was built in 1750 by Nathan Bulkley. Bulkley was an advocate for independence and signed Articles in 1774 with other town leaders to break ties with England. The house was set ablaze by the…

249 Beach Road, Tucker House0001 copy.jpg
Tucker House

249 Beach Road

The Tucker house was built by Isaac Tucker in 1766 and is one of the few houses that was spared during the burning of Fairfield in 1779. A hole in the floor is still there to show that the house was fired upon. An…

205 Beach Road0001 copy.jpg
Fowler House

205 Beach Road

The Fowler house was built in 1784 by Stephen Fowler. Fowler had bought the land where the house sits in 1783 from John Hobart. Fowler chose the location because it would soon carry on many community activities since…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2