Browse Items (17 total)

  • Tags: 1930s

Motorman Szymanski stands with Car No. 1944, a yellow trolley-car produced by Brill Manufacturing Co. This picture was taken on the intersection of the Post Road and Miller Street.

The trolley's route led it up Fairfield Avenue to Ash Creek and…

Trolley car No. 1479, constructed from wood by the Osgood Bradley Company and painted yellow.

Pictured here is motorman Patrick Collins standing with his trolley car on the Post Road at Miller Street. The Kilbourne-Sauer Co. building is visible…

One of Fairfield's trolley cars headed toward Norwalk. The No. 1941 car is pictured here at speed near the Pequot Monument in Southport.

Brill Manufacturing Company produced the car, which was colored yellow.

Pictured here is Car 1751 of the Fairfield trolly service. The car is on the bridge between North Avenue and King's Highway, the boundary between Bridgeport and Fairfield.

This particular trolley route ran from East Main Street in Bridgeport to…

Tree damage and debris around the Fairfield Trust Company building following the passage of the 1938 hurricane.

Fairfield residents work together to remove a tree knocked over onto a house by the 1938 hurricane.

The large-scale flooding caused by the hurricane of 1938 left Reef Road entirely below water.

Fairfield residents survey a home on Fairfield Beach which was torn apart by the destructive force of the infamous 1938 storm.

Memorial Day Parade with marching men dressed as Indians, a man carrying an American flag, and crowds lining the street in Fairfield on the Post Road in 1939.

Francis Brewer Home School for Boys, 766 Old Post Road.

The Francis Brewer Home School for Boys was built in 1800 initially as a private residence. Brewer bought the property in 1891 and turned it into a school. The school was around for 18 years…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2