Casper Schick Cafe, 647 Harbor Road
From 1909 to 1912, Casper Schick operated a cafe on the first floor of the later Jr. Pequot Yacht Club building. The building was erected in 1889 by Simon Banks. The people in the picture have been identified as follows -- from left to right: Prince, a Southport dog; Albert Pike; Southport oyster boat captian; Jack Johnston, bartender; unidentified bearded gentleman/customer; Carl Schick, age 7; Casper Schick, owner; Chris Schick, age 5; two unidentified Southporters.
Photograph files -- Fairfield - business general - Casper Schick Cafe
Courtesy of Pequot Library Collection, from the Christian Schick collection. Please contact the Pequot for information about reproductions.
JPEG; original photograph 8 by 10 inches; additional copies and negative