Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Sturges

556OldPostRoad.jpg
St. Marc Hotel

556 Old Post Road

The St. Marc hotel was built in 1848 as The Fairfield House. The building traded hands several times until it was purchased by George Wells, who renamed it The St. Marc Hotel. The hotel was very fashionable for…

Sturges Cottage.tif
Sturges Cottage

449 Mill Plain Road

Sturges Cottage was built in 1840 by Jonathan Sturges, a successful merchant from Southport. Joseph C. Wells designed the home and it had central plumbing before the White House did. Additions were added to…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2