Browse Items (24 total)

  • Tags: fairfield

brook.jpg
The estate of the Bronson family, located at 2970 Bronson Road. The estate and home later became the site of the Fairfield County Day School.

osborn house 2.png
The John Osborne House is one of the oldest structures in Fairfield, dating back to at least the early 1700s. Captain John Osborne once lived in this house.

Fairfield Ave Trolley.jpg
Motorman Szymanski stands with Car No. 1944, a yellow trolley-car produced by Brill Manufacturing Co. This picture was taken on the intersection of the Post Road and Miller Street.

The trolley's route led it up Fairfield Avenue to Ash Creek and…

Brooklawn Trolley.jpg
Pictured here is Car 1751 of the Fairfield trolly service. The car is on the bridge between North Avenue and King's Highway, the boundary between Bridgeport and Fairfield.

This particular trolley route ran from East Main Street in Bridgeport to…

Hurricane 1938 Fairfield Trust.jpg
Tree damage and debris around the Fairfield Trust Company building following the passage of the 1938 hurricane.

Hurricane 1938 Beach Wreckage.jpg
Fairfield residents survey a home on Fairfield Beach which was torn apart by the destructive force of the infamous 1938 storm.

Beach Damage 1954 Hurricane copy.jpg
Damage caused to beachfront property on Fairfield Beach by the Hurricane of 1954.

Fairfield Beach 1954 Hurricane.jpg
Two women walk amidst the destruction inflicted upon Fairfield Beach by the 1954 hurricane.

beach dikes 1954 hurricane.jpg
Dikes constructed to protect Fairfield Beach hold against the pounding of the 1954 hurricane.

Fairfield Rubber inspection room.jpg
Pictured here is the inspection room at the Fairfield Rubber facility. Three men in the photograph have been identified as Antone Mickut, John Mullins, and Oscar Nelson.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2