Browse Items (17 total)

  • Tags: post road

Fairfield Ave Trolley.jpg
Motorman Szymanski stands with Car No. 1944, a yellow trolley-car produced by Brill Manufacturing Co. This picture was taken on the intersection of the Post Road and Miller Street.

The trolley's route led it up Fairfield Avenue to Ash Creek and…

Devore's Bakery.jpg
Devore's Bakery

1979 Post Road

For decades, Devore's Bakery sold a variety of delicious treats to Fairfield citizens. The bakery closed in 2006, roughly 30 years after this picture was taken.

driftwood lounge.jpg
Driftwood Lounge

1612 Post Road

The Driftwood Lounge closed in 2006.

Memorial Day - 1939.jpg
Memorial Day Parade with marching men dressed as Indians, a man carrying an American flag, and crowds lining the street in Fairfield on the Post Road in 1939.

Rawley's - 1886 Post Road wm.jpg
Rawley's on the Post Road, circa 1965.

Trolley_CarNo1944_Jan1936.jpg
The Connecticut Co., Steel Passenger trolley car built by Brill MFG, Co. color-yellow.

Car 1944 and Motor Man Szymanski posing in snowfall on Post Road and Miller Street.

1619 Post Road0002.jpg
Frederick Hurd House

146 Sherman Center(formerly 1619 Post Road)

The Hurd house was located at 1619 Post Road until 1939 when it was moved to its present location in order to make way for a supermarket.

Mcgarrymkt.jpg
McGarry's Market and Barber Shop, located at 666 Post Road.

mcGarry.jpg
McGarry's Blacksmith Shop, located on the NW corner of Sanford Street and Post Road. Built between 1830s - 1850s, the shop stood until 1949

McGarry's Blacksmith Shop was opened in the mid 1800's by Michael Fox. Fox taught his trade to his…

McGarry3.jpg
McGarry's Blacksmith Shop, located on the NW corner of Sanford Street and Post Road. Built between 1830s - 1850s, the shop stood until 1949.

McGarry's Blacksmith Shop was opened in the mid 1800's by Michael Fox. Fox taught his trade to his…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2