Redfield House

Title

Redfield House

Subject

Fairfield-- Buildings

Description

Redfield House

95 Mill Plain Road

This house was built by Augustus Jennings in 1760. It was spared during the burning of Fairfield in 1779 by Mrs. Lucretia Redfield who put out four fires. In 1956 the home was demolished to make way for a thruway.

Creator

Wright, Mabel Osgood

Source

Mabel Osgood Wright 35mm Slides (from original glass slides)

Rights

Fairfield Museum and History Center, all rights reserved. Please contact us for information about reproductions.

Format

JPEG; from 35mm slide. Original glass slide 3.25 x 4 inches.