Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: 1750s

Banks House0001.jpg
Banks House

1159 Banks North Road

The Banks house was built in 1750 by Ezikiel O. Banks. The house gained additions in 1900 and 1963. Other then the additions mentioned, the house was restored to its original condition in 1963.

Pomeroy House0001.jpg
Pomeroy House

3171 Bronson Road

The Pomeroy house was built in 1757 by Reverend Seth Pomeroy. After Pomeroy died, ownership passed to Captain David Hubbell who turned it into a store until it was purchased by Reverend William Belden in 1812.

303 Beach Road Bulkeley House0001 copy.jpg
Nathan Bulkley House

303 Beach Road

The Bulkley house was built in 1750 by Nathan Bulkley. Bulkley was an advocate for independence and signed Articles in 1774 with other town leaders to break ties with England. The house was set ablaze by the…

MOW35mm_New#170-watermarked.jpg
1050 Old Academy Road

The Bradley-Baldwin-Birckhead house was built in 1752 by Squire Samuel Bradley Jr.. Bradley acquired the land around 1751 as a gift from his father, Samuel Bradley Sr. The house was remodeled around 1842 and again in 1921,…

MOW35mm_New#166-watermarked.jpg
506 Jennings Road

The Gold Selleck Silliman house was built by Gold Selleck Silliman in 1756. Silliman later served as a General in the Revolutionary War. In 1779, Silliman was captured by the British and later exchanged for other prisoners.

MOW35mm_New#161-watermarked.jpg
Gershom Hubbell House

1081 Hillside Road

The Gershom Hubbell house was built in 1751 by Gershom Hubbell. It was one of the houses that survived the burning of Fairfield in 1779. Dr. Timothy Dwight used the house as a school and chapel while the…

MOW35mm_New#141-watermarked.jpg
Slave Quarters at Gold Selleck Silliman's House

506 Jennings Road

Gold Selleck Silliman was one of the larger slaveowners in Connecticut. In 1790, there were about 470 slave holding families in Fairfield County, with about 799 slaves in the…

MOW35mm_New#119-watermarked.jpg
G. Silliman House

506 Jennings Road

The Gold Selleck Silliman house was built by Gold Selleck Silliman in 1756. Silliman later served as a General in the Revolutionary War. In 1779, Silliman was captured by the British. According to the…

MOW35mm_New#018-watermarked.jpg
Baldwin House

105 Meeting House Lane

The Baldwin house was built by Zalmon Bradley in 1750. Before 1800, Bradley's sister Sarah and her husband Dudley Baldwin expanded the house. Dudley's brother Abraham (who was a noted political leader) lived…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2