Browse Items (8 total)

  • Tags: businesses

scan0002 - wm.tif
Fairfield Trust Company Building, Fairfield, Conn.

Casper Schick Cafe 1909 Faifield HS Photo File 001.jpg
From 1909 to 1912, Casper Schick operated a cafe on the first floor of the later Jr. Pequot Yacht Club building. The building was erected in 1889 by Simon Banks. The people in the picture have been identified as follows -- from left to right:…

Clampetts Sign.jpg
Clampett's Pharmacy, corner of Reef Road and Post Road, Fairfield, Conn.

Boyle pharmacy 2.jpg
The Boyle Pharmacy, located on the corner of Unquowa Road and Post Road

boyle pharmacy.jpg
The Boyle Pharmacy, located on the corner of Unquowa Road and Post Road

Rudkin_Margaret.jpg
Margaret Rudkin, founder of Pepperidge Farm, Inc., making bread.

Betts1.jpg
Benjamin Betts sold dry goods, groceries, and general merchandise from this store at the corner of the Post Road and Unquowa Place, seen here in 1894. The business was founded around 1844 by his father, Moses Betts.

Onionwarehouse.jpg
Shows Meeker’s onion docks and warehouses in Southport harbor. Boats are docked in the foreground and figures are talking on dock.

Warehouses dominated the Southport shoreline in the 1800s, when Fairfield farmers shipped onions and other goods…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2